Monday, September 11, 2006

Sunday

I woke up in a really good mood today which is quite the accomplishment in itself because I was woken up in the middle of the night by a text message arriving on my cell phone (that I quite inconveniently left powered on). But I woke up very rested and feeling good. We had some French toast and bacon for breakfast and then took off for the internet café so I could post the previous post, do some checking up on emails, and book a short flight from Dublin to Edinburgh….it seems that Jenn won’t be able to get the extra time off work to go to Scotland with us, so we’ll just fly there and maybe rent a car. Right now, all we know is that we’ll arrive in Edinburgh this Wednesday at around 4:30pm….but the rest is up in the air. I think we’ll look online tomorrow for some B&B’s to stay in….maybe some cheap hotels…we’ll see. We were also thinking of renting a car for a few days as well to get around…but that’s up in the air as well…it all depends on how much it costs. My friend Claire from highschool lives 30 minutes from Edinburgh, so hopefully we’ll be able to meet up with her and hang out for a while. I’m actually a bit worried about the whole thing because of the lack of organization and planning for this particular section of our journey….it’s just the way I am though…I get nervous about those kinds of things. And I didn’t really look into anything when I was in Canada, so I guess it’s my own fault.

Anyways, after we went to the internet café we went to a Chinese Garden and Stud Farm…I know it’s a weird combination but there you go. The garden was very nice and I’ve got a few pictures below from when we were there. The first one is just a picture of me that I thought was cool, the second is a picture of me running to try and get into the picture after hitting the timer on the camera, and the third is a picture of all of us in a rock igloo kinda thing…you can see a woman who walked into the picture and then realized we were taking a picture on a timer and quickly jumped back out of the picture.

After the gardens we went and got a Starbucks coffee and headed to the airport to pick up Brian….his plane arrived on time and we didn’t thanks to a bit of a traffic jam…but we picked him up and headed back to Naas (where Jenn lives) so that Brian could have a shower and we could make some supper. After we got the roast in the oven we took off to a traditional Catholic Irish mass (which was only 30 min long) and then came back to have some supper (and some Guinness for me).





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you're all having a great time! Terrific pic.s! I wouldn't worry too much about Scotland; if you visit a tourist office, they'll tell you everything that there is to do around there. I've heard that Loch Lomond is beautiful. It's part of a national park and is very close to both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Ben. I wouldn't be too worried. It might be something to look into some youth hostels, as they're rather cheap, they're clean, they have lockers for stuff and they're generally in cool buildings. I think when we were in Scotland we stayed in a castle one at the top of a hill and then went to a Ceilieh or however one spells it. It was so much fun. Check out their site here: http://www.hihostels.com/dba/list.php?lang=E&city=GBS|0022
I think that'll take you to Edinburgh youth hostels.

Lemme know how it goes!!! I like all the updates you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Ciao Bambini
Wow your eyes look BLUE in the picture. Handsome boy, Mother loves'im.
No problems in Scotland, I'm sure. They speak English there,(I think?)
Anyway, enjoy the adventure. I prayed the Lord would send you some divine appointments, maybe they will happen in Edinburgh, when you least expect it.
Let me know if you need more money. I can transfer from your savings and or ING.
We are excited about seeing you in a few days.
Aunty Marina is doing better every day. Saw her last night, she looks and sounds great. I just sent her your blog address.
Ti Volio Bene, Mi Amori
Mamma Mia

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. How many new people have you met? How many lives have you changed? How many e-mail addresses have you picked up?

Now that your on your own again, use the opportunity to meet someone new. Exchange pictures, addresses, and ideas. Bless everyone you meet. It's a gas. Love you. Dad

Andrew said...

We ended up booking a couple bed and breakfasts for the time that we're here, so all is well and things are working out nicely. Pretty nice bed and breakfast as well....I'm impressed.