Saturday, September 02, 2006

The disco and some pictures

I have a short movie clip that I took while we were at the disco the other night (Tony really wanted to go...and I actually had a good time). We were out really late (4am), but it was a pretty good time.
Here's a link to the video:
http://web.unbc.ca/~johnsona/europe/disco.wmv

Next, I have some pictures from the last couple days.
#1 Me standing next to a maple tree that was planted in Pflochsbach last year when I was here with 20 other Canadians for World Youth Day.
#2 Julie's dad pouring me a beer for a BBQ we were having that afternoon. Pretty good stuff.
#3 We went for a drive to a castle in Julie's parents convertable (it's an Opel). She was pretty sure she'd be cold, so she wore here winter jacket. I'm wearing my new North Face jacket that I bought in Nunberg.
#4 A great picture of the Castle in Mespelbrun. You could pretty much take this picture and use it as a postcard. It actually looks exactly like the postcard that I bought.
#5 This is a great shot of Julie's dad and his tennis partner during a game. I'm pretty happy with my camera...










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciao Bambini
Going to a disco in Germany, with two beautiful vavacious blondes, until 4am,, PRICELESS, for everything else there's Mastercard.

#1 How much has the maple tree grown?
#2 Julie's dad looks young and handsome, What is behind him? Is it a mural on a cement wall?
#3 The red sports car looks GOOD on Julie, even with her winter jacket.
#4 That castle would be great to paint. Maybe it will be my next project?
#5 I can't comment on the tennis shot, as you all know that I am NOT athletic,,,, but I have discovered I am very good at LAWN BOWLING. Who knew???? (I also like the outfits you wear when lawn bowling, they are not like typical sports uniforms.They're more "proper" and "upper crust" and "British Properties" style.) You know me, it's about style right?
Ti volio Bene,
Ciao,
Mamma Mia

Andrew said...

#1 The maple tree was pre-grown before we planted it and has been growing in it's current position for 1 year. It's grown about 4 inches I think.
#2 Behind Julie's dad is a fence with a partly see-thru sign on top of it.
#3 I told Julie...she laughed and agreed.

We just got back from mass and the semi-final tennis match. Julie's dad is in the finals now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew! Cool stuff! Glad to see you're having fun and enjoying your trek so far. Make sure you're not too tired cause its going to be a whirlwind when you hit the Emerald Isle! Roberta is already tired and she's only been here 2 days! Only kidding. She's a real trooper. I'm not sure what time you and Anthony arrive on Thursday. Can you let me know?
Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Jane said...

Looks like you guys were enjoying yourselves at the disco!

Yay awesome trip! I hope everything's still going spiffy for you guys, and I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Anonymous said...

i wish i was there with u guys looks like ur having lots of fun send me an email when u guys get a chance. just make shure u dont do anything i wouldnt do .... i kno that doesnt leave much out but just have a good time

-ur fav cuzin james