Wednesday, December 13, 2006

So I've got a few decisions to make

Well...a few decisions to make now I guess. I just got a call from the owner of NorATek and he's like, "I was wondering if it would be possible for you to come in tomorrow for a few follow-up questions." To me, this means that he's got a few questions, but mainly wants to offer me the job and go over the details. Now, I didn't really say much about the interview I had at NorATek last Friday. Let me tell you, it was the longest interview I've ever been in. It was 3 hours long....I got there at 2pm and left at 5:05! How crazy is that. A friend of mine just had an interview to be a fireman and his interview only lasted an hour and 45 minutes. So, ya, the 3 hour interview was a marathon, but it wasn't really that hard. I'm used to talking to computer geeks because I am one. Anyways, I'm going in tomorrow morning for a short meeting to discuss everything. I'm pretty sure he's going to offer me about $15/hr which is a lot lower than I think I'm worth (after 6 years of university and a whole lot of experience). So there's going to have to be some negotiating happening I think. The big decision I have to make is what are the terms and wages I am willing to accept and what are the terms and wages I will reject. I don't want to settle for less right now when something better could come along. But, I guess that's the trick hey? Try and figure out what's going to be the best in the long run and notice a good opportunity when one comes along.

The job that I've applied for at the northern health authority is for a support person just like at NorATek and their starting wage is $23/hr. That's quite the jump in wages.

Anyways, I'm off to get supper going and clean up a bit. I hope everyone is doing well stress-wise it being exam time and the Christmas season.

Adios,
Andrew

1 comment:

Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

Hey Andrew,

I'm glad to hear that you are not taking less than you are worth. I hope that the follow up interview goes well, and that you have a great Christmas holiday. Andrew, if you send me an email at willr99@telus.net, and give me your mailing address, I'll send you a christmas card with a current picture of the family. (that goes for anyone else that is reading Andrew's blog and would like a picture!) Take care, and let us know what high-roller job you happen to score in the coming weeks!