Monday, December 04, 2006

Camp Morice

Hey Everyone,
The new Camp Morice website is up and running. I decided to keep track of the amount of time it took me to get this version of the site up and running and move all the info from the previous site. It took me 42.25 hours to migrate everything and create the 48 webpages that make up the current site. Just in case anyone was interested, if we were to have contrated a Prince George web design company to do the site it would have costed about $7350. So, I'm pretty happy that we can have a $7000 site running for Camp Morice without actually having to pay for it.

I actually really enjoyed making the website and finding cool new ways of doing things (especially the private use page and the code to show bigger versions of each picture). I might even consider designing web site for a living. It certainly would be a fun job with lots of variety and I would be able to choose my own hours (to an extent). The web is constantly evolving and new technologies are always emerging which means that I'd be constantly learning new things. After 6 years of university I've found that I really like learning new things...it's kinda become a way of life. So, that's where I'm at right now...considering going into business for myself and becoming a web designer. Who knows what will happen.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the site. I'd like to encourage everyone to consider being a Camp Morice sponsor...we really need some support and you get at least a free t-shirt for becoming a sponsor!

Cheers,
Andrew

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oooh! looks pretty spiffy! good job!

Not sure if we'll be in PG at all over the break. I doubt it. We're in Chilliwack for Christmas, and hoping on being at the Hills Health Ranch for a night or so, but we leave from Abbotsford and Vancouver on the 1st and 2nd, respectively, so it would be pushing it. We'll see. If we're in town, you might hear from us (but we'd also have to do a lot of wedding stuff if we're in town too ).

Yup. That's the long answer. The short would be: maybe?

Hope things are going well with you, Andrew! You should put up some pics. Of ... well, anything, really. :D.