Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Considerations

I've had lots of things floating in my mind and I thought I'd write them down.

I saw some Canadian geese today flying over head in a perfect V formation. Pretty cool. I listened to them as they flew over head. Did you know that the lead goose is completely silent and the other geese are yelling to cheer him (or her) on? He's the one breaking the wind for all the rest. Pretty cool. I also heard that geese mate for life....which is an interesting characteristic as well.

One of the things I learned from my trip to Europe is that almost everyone "works to live" instead of "living to work" as most North American's do. I would really like to have a nice job and work hard and all that jazz, but I don't want to be one of those people that puts in 60 hours a week and doesn't have time to hang out with friends, exercise, or just relax. I really like it out here at Camp Morice....it makes it pretty easy to relax and enjoy life.

Did you know that the area of BC is the same as Germany, France, and the Netherlands combined? Ya. And BC is actually 75% mountaneous which meens that 75% of it is 1000m above sea level. How crazy is that! Lastly, out of all of Canada's land mass....BC only represents 10.2% of it. Nuts!

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Kids are coming out to camp early tomorrow.

Adios,
Andrew

3 comments:

Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

Hi Andrew,

I just wanted to say that I am so incredibly jealous that you get to spend time at Camp Maurice during once of its most beautiful seasons! If you have any time to post some pictures, I sure would love to see how the trees are looking this fall!

I hope that you have a good time out there, and have an opportunity for some quiet and reflection. (From reading your comments on the geese and area of BC it sounds like that hasn't been a problem :p )

I am struck by your living/working comment; sometimes it seems like all I am doing is working, but Edmonton is so expensive, it is all we can do to survive! I don't expect we will be here for too much longer.

My mom and dad are coming up for Christmas, so I don't suspect we will get a chance to make it in to PG any time soon. I sure hope we can catch up some time, as I would love you to meet Isaac.

Take care!

Will

Will & Jeanne & Isaac said...

And yes, I did realize that I spelled Camp Morice wrong. Honest, I talked to a Maurice today. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Andrew said...

Ya, I'd definately like to meet Isaac...I'm sure he's a riot! I'll be sure to let you know if I'm making any trips to Edmonton this year. My brother Tony has my camera right now, so I can't upload any pictures of camp right now, but I will grab them from him on Monday and post them for ya. I think I might have one on my cell phone, so I might post that one later today.

Yes... being at Camp Morice was great for reflection. For some reason, it's a lot easier to focus on important things when I'm out at camp....maybe that's because of all the retreats, camps, and spiritual growth that I've taken part in over the last 11 years (can you believe it's been that long since we were in grade 8!).

Adios for now,
Andrew